Make A Forum Section For ED Article Creation Help

ThisIsFine

Newfag
On The ED Strategy Guide page they say to ask for help when writing articles. Apparently, one way to do this is by using the "Collaboration Forum" which I have been unable to find on here. I'm looking for help writing my article (yes I read the various ED Guides already, I have some specific questions that I am not finding within). Can we maybe make a forum section for that on here?

If you are a sysop reading this and would like to help immediately here is my Q:

1.) I'm curious (and retarded) about images. Images are subject to copyright, so how are we allowed to post (steal) what we find on google images from various websites?
2.) What's the best way to post an image on ED? Is there a place to upload/archive it first? If so, how/where?

Baka

Ediot
Bureaucrat
We have a channel for wiki help on the discord.

Upload what you want as long as it follows our own site rules.

There's a link to upload images on the left sidebar on the site.

Take time to lurk and actually understand how the site works

Don't worry about copyright. Upload what you have, if the copyright owner files a DMCA (like 99.999 they won't), the wiki guys will handle it. It's not your responsibility unless you get personally served with a notice.

As baka said, there is a link to upload images. You should read the rules, for example images should have a descriptive title, not just 123.jpg but something like mudkipsBaked.jpg.

This is explained in the upload link when you login:

ED Wiki uses media wiki. You will be able to preview changes. A helpful technique is to click to edit an article (without actually editing it) and seeing how the format is done and copy it.

oddguy

Ediot
why? no one ever actually helps
they just tell you to do it yourself
and the only people who post threads asking for help with articles are those who want a personal army/someone to do the work for them

if someone wants and article to be made they will either make it themselves or be helped by random people on the wiki who see it and want to fix it
people who ask for help on the forum don't want help and wouldn't get it if they did

why? no one ever actually helps
they just tell you to do it yourself
and the only people who post threads asking for help with articles are those who want a personal army/someone to do the work for them

if someone wants and article to be made they will either make it themselves or be helped by random people on the wiki who see it and want to fix it
people who ask for help on the forum don't want help and wouldn't get it if they did

The forum has already been made, and the first posts (about a malhub wiki page and using the wiki) was met with a lot of helpful advice.

Back
Top Bottom