RBG DOA RIP

edge_beta

Master lvl Taig
EDF2 Survivor

(CNN)Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died on Friday due to complications of metastatic pancreas cancer, the court announced. She was 87.
Ginsburg was appointed in 1993 by President Bill Clinton and in recent years served as the most senior member of the court's liberal wing consistently delivering progressive votes on the most divisive social issues of the day, including abortion rights, same-sex marriage, voting rights, immigration, health care and affirmative action.
Along the way, she developed a rock star type status and was dubbed the "Notorious R.B.G." In speaking events across the country before liberal audiences, she was greeted with standing ovations as she spoke about her view of the law, her famed exercise routine and her often fiery dissents.
"Our Nation has lost a jurist of historic stature," said Chief Justice John Roberts. "We at the Supreme Court have lost a cherished colleague. Today we mourn, but with confidence that future generations will remember Ruth Bader Ginsburg as we knew her -- a tireless and resolute champion of justice."

Ginsburg died surrounded by her family at her home in Washington, D.C., the court said. A private interment service will be held at Arlington National Cemetery.
Ginsburg had suffered from five bouts of cancer, most recently a recurrence in early 2020 when a biopsy revealed lesions on her liver. In a statement she said that chemotherapy was yielding "positive results" and that she was able to maintain an active daily routine.
"I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam," she said in a statement in July 2020. " I remain fully able to do that."
She told an audience in 2019 that she liked to keep busy even when she was fighting cancer. "I found each time that when I'm active, I'm much better than if I'm just lying about and feeling sorry for myself," she said in New York at the Yale Club at an event hosted by Moment Magazine. Ginsburg told another audience that she thought she would serve until she was 90 years old.

etc etc etc....

Supreme Sauce

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is installed.”

Not "elected" or "inaugurated", but "installed".
Freudian slip, much?

edge_beta

Master lvl Taig
EDF2 Survivor
Drumpf looks exhausted.
Drumpf takes time to say some nice words about someone who was leading the charge against him.
Gotta say when the chips are down, Drumpf has got class.

they caught him off guard...give him time and the insane tweets and comments will flow.
and yeah...he's really starting to look like shit...noticed its worse lately.

lurk

Dramacrat
EDF2 Survivor
they caught him off guard...give him time and the insane tweets and comments will flow.
and yeah...he's really starting to look like shit...noticed its worse lately.
understandably. he has what amounts to the entire world against him at the moment, from a rogue-state funded color revolution to a foreign state sponsored bioweapon attack coordinated with a UN economic assault.

Back
Top Bottom