Umkemesik's Bizarre Adventure (or how I learned to give up on the 6800xt and love the 3080)

20201119_162841.jpg

(my rig, notice the Jergen's bottle)

So a few days ago I resolved myself to campout at Microcenter (conveniently near me) for a 6800xt.

I wasn't going to, but the line was only 5 people deep so I thought I would have a good chance snagging one.

I get a chair and some blankets, because Chicago is fucking cold. And windy.

A Bro comes out with a list. Says we can just put our names down and fuckoff if we want to get something to eat, as long as we check in.

At this point I am #9. So I promptly lay my Captain's Chair and grab a sweater and some chips and head to the dispensary. Come back and there are a few others. Not a lot more but definitely getting up there.

So I'm shooting the shit when what do you know, I feel some rumble in the scrummage and decide to head over to Jersey Mike's and get something to eat.

At this point I am eating in my nice warm car watching the dudes outside. Nature calls and I have to take a dump.

Comeback and my chair is gone. And there are a lot more people. Line is now starting to wrap around the building.

Find my chair, some fat fuck is sitting in it. Grab it and move it back to my position.

All of a sudden fags started to whine that I was cutting in line. The first 10 people know who I am and defended me.

But the fags won't back down. The leader, let's call him Ahmed, has 5 other family members in line and is looking to get me kicked off so he can improve his chances of scalping.

Our coalition prevails. It seems that these scumbags were trying to get the entire list invalidated because (1) they came in late and (2) were scalpers.

Find out on Reddit they did the same shit in Texas I think. Cops were called.

Anyway, we start getting intel on reddit that 6800xt is going to be tight, like 2 cards a store with like 10 regular 6800s.

None of the managers or employees are telling us anything.

Turns out the rumors are mostly correct. Only the first two got 6800xt's. But one was able to get it online while waiting.

The rest (18) were regular 6800's. Nice, but there was another announcement. A shit ton of 3080s and one 3090 was also delivered.

Guys in front that didn't get the 6800xt opted for the 3080 instead of the plain 6800. I decided to follow that trend with a 3080 master:

20201119_162923.jpg

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
EDF2 Survivor
>falling for the curved monitor meme

airduster

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
View attachment 4281

(my rig, notice the Jergen's bottle)

So a few days ago I resolved myself to campout at Microcenter (conveniently near me) for a 6800xt.

I wasn't going to, but the line was only 5 people deep so I thought I would have a good chance snagging one.

I get a chair and some blankets, because Chicago is fucking cold. And windy.

A Bro comes out with a list. Says we can just put our names down and fuckoff if we want to get something to eat, as long as we check in.

At this point I am #9. So I promptly lay my Captain's Chair and grab a sweater and some chips and head to the dispensary. Come back and there are a few others. Not a lot more but definitely getting up there.

So I'm shooting the shit when what do you know, I feel some rumble in the scrummage and decide to head over to Jersey Mike's and get something to eat.

At this point I am eating in my nice warm car watching the dudes outside. Nature calls and I have to take a dump.

Comeback and my chair is gone. And there are a lot more people. Line is now starting to wrap around the building.

Find my chair, some fat fuck is sitting in it. Grab it and move it back to my position.

All of a sudden fags started to whine that I was cutting in line. The first 10 people know who I am and defended me.

But the fags won't back down. The leader, let's call him Ahmed, has 5 other family members in line and is looking to get me kicked off so he can improve his chances of scalping.

Our coalition prevails. It seems that these scumbags were trying to get the entire list invalidated because (1) they came in late and (2) were scalpers.

Find out on Reddit they did the same shit in Texas I think. Cops were called.

Anyway, we start getting intel on reddit that 6800xt is going to be tight, like 2 cards a store with like 10 regular 6800s.

None of the managers or employees are telling us anything.

Turns out the rumors are mostly correct. Only the first two got 6800xt's. But one was able to get it online while waiting.

The rest (18) were regular 6800's. Nice, but there was another announcement. A shit ton of 3080s and one 3090 was also delivered.

Guys in front that didn't get the 6800xt opted for the 3080 instead of the plain 6800. I decided to follow that trend with a 3080 master:

View attachment 4282
dude is that lotion by ur laptop?

Back
Top Bottom