Anyone here use OpenToonz?

Ricki

Newfag
EDF2 Survivor
I've been trying to shift over to using OpenToonz as my go to animation software instead of Anime Studio Pro due to the latter being buggy and not handling frame by frame very well. It's just I'm having so many issues trying to adapt to OpenToonz and its interface. I've gone on Youtube and watched some beginner tutorials, but it just isn't sticking with me or something goes wrong.

- Tried using toonz raster layer, lines end up rough and jittery as fuck despite holding my tablet pen still. Even the shapes tool made shaky lines after.
- Tried using vector layer, when erasing parts of lines the eraser tool removed chunks of the lines at a time.
- Coloring, tried coloring on another layer besides the line art. The layer was above my line art column and I couldn't figure out how to shift it underneath. Fill bucket works but you have to color in the same layer as your lines, which raises some red flags for me.
- Can't figure out how to flip selected areas horizontally or vertically. I have to manually do it using the scale tool.

If anyone on here knows how to use OpenToonz can you point me in the right direction? Should I continue trying to work at it, go back to Anime Studio, or try a different animation software?

Can you translate your question into something that isn't an autistic dialect?

i've tried using it since i'm on linux but it's interface is so completely different to other conventional animation software that i know basically nothing more than the very basics.

i don't really use it for anything big though, it seems like something that'd just be better for smaller things like lipsyncing, unless you have an animation team to help you with the whole process like with futurama or studio ghibli, but it would depend on how much time you're willing to put in/if you're in a hurry to learn it/what kind of animations you're making.

imo you should stay on AnimeStudio (or try pirating an older version of flash if you know where to look), because OT's community seems too small to get a lot of help on technical stuff, but also keep fiddling around with opentoonz if you're not in any rush to make anything, since there's a lot of good features in it, and features you can add to it since it's open source

Back
Top Bottom