Dolezal 2: Not Black But A Jew

Harpoons

【♜Ꮆ ට ᕲ♜】
EDF2 Survivor
_114224245_dwghxqcu0aa9jhk.jpg

A US academic whose work focuses on Africa and the African diaspora has said she lied about being black.

Jessica Krug, an associate professor at George Washington University (GWU), admitted that she was in fact a white Jewish woman from Kansas City.

"I have built my life on a violent anti-Black lie," a blog post written under Ms Krug's name read.

The university said it was investigating the blog post but would not comment further.

Ms Krug's case, which has drawn surprise and condemnation from those who know her, bears strong parallels to Rachel Dolezal, a white race activist who claimed to be black.

Ms Dolezal first made headlines in 2015 when her parents outed her as white.

The former civil rights activist and African studies instructor had kept up the pretence of being African American for years, but said she "identified as black".

Source

weeuzs christ

Newfag
Old Skool
the fact you have to fake your ethnicity to get benefits proves a lot about privilege and unjust bias racism. lol

martin luther king junior is doing a barrel roll in his grave.

Corpsefriedchicken

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
Why would anyone want to be black?
A theory was floated around about this when Dolezal happened. Whites, or more particularly urban whites, are disconnected from really having much of a culture to call their own. They lack identity and are basically the boring ‘default’ who have been cut off from their roots.
The exception being Italian Americans and Irishmen. With Jewish people, from what I’ve seen, it’s much more split. As intertwined as the culture is with the religion, non-religious ashkenazi Jews tend to miss out on some of the cultural pride.
Keep in mind the modern definition of ‘white’ in the American sense isn’t even much of an actual identity, it was used to unite the varying European groups that would have otherwise hated each other. Up until the 1970s or so, Irishmen especially still had some kind of issue with other European groups here.
The problem is that solving that tribalism meant a certain sacrifice of culture and differences over the years. The “melting pot” so to speak.
You can still find bits and pieces here and there (Country music was largely a new usage for celtic instruments in Appalachia. A lot of our cuisine is of German and Nordic origin.)
Yet a lot of that stuff has largely become “American” culture as it stands because it was so ingrained in our culture that it transcended the splitting tribes so to speak

Call Me Tim

Dramacrat
A theory was floated around about this when Dolezal happened. Whites, or more particularly urban whites, are disconnected from really having much of a culture to call their own. They lack identity and are basically the boring ‘default’ who have been cut off from their roots.
The exception being Italian Americans and Irishmen. With Jewish people, from what I’ve seen, it’s much more split. As intertwined as the culture is with the religion, non-religious ashkenazi Jews tend to miss out on some of the cultural pride.
Keep in mind the modern definition of ‘white’ in the American sense isn’t even much of an actual identity, it was used to unite the varying European groups that would have otherwise hated each other. Up until the 1970s or so, Irishmen especially still had some kind of issue with other European groups here.
The problem is that solving that tribalism meant a certain sacrifice of culture and differences over the years. The “melting pot” so to speak.
You can still find bits and pieces here and there (Country music was largely a new usage for celtic instruments in Appalachia. A lot of our cuisine is of German and Nordic origin.)
Yet a lot of that stuff has largely become “American” culture as it stands because it was so ingrained in our culture that it transcended the splitting tribes so to speak
Or these particular types Dolezal and Sean King know that in certain aspects, it's acceptable to scream and act the ass especially when it's about "defending blackness." They picked the path of least resistance.

I can't tell you then number of snow white trailer park bitches that are more fucking black than all of Wakanda. They act all "urban" and the closest thing to an urban experience is the public school bus they rode before they dropped out of school.

Addie

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
i mean they could at least choose to be asians or native americans.

Back
Top Bottom