Im neutral/pro-abortion, but

Call Me Tim

Dramacrat
It is kind of funny that in these so-called liberal police states there are less crime, lower prison populations and the police are held to account in accordance to prevailing law and do not routinely execute people for spurious reasons. Must be all that lack of freedom.
Oppression does bring about a kind of order.

If people are fist fighting over a fucking ethnic slur, chances are they will commit another violent crime. They just got caught for this one. I can't imagine being put in jail for saying, "muslims have no problem with pedophilia or sexually forcing themselves onto women." yet it is happening.

Again what you seem to miss for some reason is the two completely different cultures and societal norms. What you see on the news is not what really happens in America. The media constantly rehashing certain types of crime to scare the populace into a political direction is not real.

As so far as abortion: it's completely unnecessary. Birth control works. Adoption is available. And there are baby drop off locations if the woman cannot or does not want to take care of the baby.

Sleepy

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
Personally I'm not a fan of abortions, as they are in many cases only necessary due to poor planning and/or high risk sexual behaviour, thus completely avoidable.
But they should be an available option, I don't particularly want to force a shitload of unwanted or unplanned for kids on people.
Contraception should also be widely available, affordable or free.
this is really the only common sense opinion on the topic

abortion should be considered a rare, last resort option for people who actually need it. The problem is, it's increasingly being treated as another form of contraception in the western world.

Lovecraft

Dramacrat

abortion should be considered a rare, last resort option for people who actually need it. The problem is, it's increasingly being treated as another form of contraception in the western world.
That is what they are here though, I don't know about the rest of the west.
Our rates are like one sixth to one eighth of the average for the US, going by reported numbers that are probably lowballing it on the US end as not all states report statistics for it.
Then again I've been able to get my hands on literal piles of quality condoms from at least eighth grade, female contraception is free or practically free across the line, plan b is available at all pharmacies and we all get mandatory and cringe basic sex education. Yet accidents happen, so the order of the (figurative) rusty coathanger are there for us when we must do the needful.

Baka

Ediot
Bureaucrat

no it isn't you fucking unemployed faggot. abortions have been going down in the US for 30 years consisently because it's no longer needed

weedville

Ediot

Sleepy

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
no it isn't you fucking unemployed faggot.
it's really weird that you take this angle when insulting people, considering you've openly stated here that you bounce between minimum wage jobs and have a criminal record.

As for the abortion thing, watch any pro-choice protest video and you'll see tons of people openly advertising the fact that they've had several abortions. At that point its just another form of contraception.

minty

runs bartertown
it really is the dumbest shit, all this politicizing medical decisions that should be between a patient n their doctor
planned parenthood had such a huge monopoly on women's health in the first place because this country n its for-profit healthcare nonsense left huge swaths of the country without adequate access to care
mcdr_2020-map-figure-5511902058da562d0f468b00f06082cdc03f281c.jpg

now since roe v wade got overturned it's even worse
AbortionChart042823_v01_DP_1682708737478_hpEmbed_1x1_992.jpg

because doctors who want to be able to treat their patients if their pregnancy is ectopic, or miscarried, etc n it requires fetal tissue removal (an abortion), shockingly don't like being told their patients have to go septic or flatline in the waiting room or they're going to jail

Call Me Tim

Dramacrat
Odd which the county that contains Death Valley, which is literally empty is considered having access to maternity care.

Lovecraft

Dramacrat
Odd which the county that contains Death Valley, which is literally empty is considered having access to maternity care.
Same county also contains the township of Bishop.

View attachment 19499
The Maternity care "desserts" are counties with very low population so yea there won't be a lot of clinics there. Fuck all.
The municipality of Kiruna has a population of 1.1 people per square km, still provides better maternal care and medical care overall than the majority of your most affluent counties. People cluster, so that a place is majority wasteland just means that the few people there are there are more concentrated.

SuperChungus

That'll hold 'em awight
Same county also contains the township of Bishop.

The municipality of Kiruna has a population of 1.1 people per square km, still provides better maternal care and medical care overall than the majority of your most affluent counties. People cluster, so that a place is majority wasteland just means that the few people there are there are more concentrated.
or they still have functional town halls

people spread wide in Arizona will gather into one town hall to protest a Walmart.

Lovecraft

Dramacrat
or they still have functional town halls

people spread wide in Arizona will gather into one town hall to protest a Walmart.
They only have the one, and it is brand new. The old one is in danger of collapsing because they are mining underneath it, so they moved the buildings that were practical or worthwhile moving, then built a new city centre a couple kilometers away. The larger villages and hamlets in the municipality only have like a public office, usually attached to some other public service.

airduster

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
What I have never understood is the women who make videos about abortions it just seems needlessly sadistic wouldn't it make more sense to get the morning after pill

minty

runs bartertown
What I have never understood is the women who make videos about abortions it just seems needlessly sadistic wouldn't it make more sense to get the morning after pill
some ppl dunno they're pregnant until later on
knew a couple that were on reliable birth control. neither husband or wife wanted kids n in fact the wife had hemophilia so it would be dangerous for her (knew a second woman with hemophilia in the military who miscarried 5 times before being confined to a hospital bed to carry the sixth to term) ended up with a surprise pregnancy. they had to go the invasive route to abort because they needed to make sure so she wouldn't bleed out.

then there was this married couple with twins. one had a fetal abnormality and passed away so they had to remove/abort that one to keep the other alive n healthy.

ppl really act like all this shit is set in stone n we've got it all figured out but it's a fucking dice roll

Back
Top Bottom