"No Wait, I Was Just Virtue Signalling!"

lurk

Dramacrat
EDF2 Survivor
princeton.jpg

Dear President Eisgruber,

Since you became President in 2013 and in exchange for well over $75 million in federal Title IV taxpayer funds alone, Princetone University ("Princeton") has repeatedly represented and warranted to the U.S. Department of Education ("Department") Princeton's compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964... Title VI provides no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. Also, Princeton has made many material nondiscrimination and equal opportunity representations to students, parents, and consumers in the market for education certificates during this time.

On September 2, 2020, you admitted Princeton's educational program is and for decades has been racist. Among other things, you said "[r]acism and the damage it does to people of color persist at Princeton ..." and "[r]acist assumptions...remain embedded in structures of the University itself."... You also said that Princeton is "exploring the possibility of new credit- or degree-granting program that would extend Princeton's teaching to a new range of students from communities of disproportionately affected by systemic racism and related forms of disadvantage..." Because of racism, you announced race-based "diversity" measures for hiring, procurement, teaching, fellowship, and research funding....

Princeton should provide requested records, make available the identified Princeton personnel for transcribed interviews under oath, and answer the specified questions in accordance with the deadlines specified below... Please be advised the Department considers your answers to these requests to be matters within the jurisdiction of the executive branch of the Government of the United States for the purposes of 18 U.S.C. 1001. Accordingly, Princeton should make every effort to answer our requests fully and completely.

Based on the facts, the Secretary of Education may consider measures against Princeton for false Program Participation Agreement nondiscrimination assurances, including an action to recover funds. Also she may consider measures against Princeton for making substantial misrepresentations about the nature of its educational program, including a fine proceeding. The Department is aware of the challenges posed by COVID-19 to institutions of higher education. However, this serious, even shocking nature of Princeton's admissions compel the Department to move with all appropriate speed....
We'll just see about that...

Ricki

Newfag
EDF2 Survivor
There's got to be a term for this, when someone or something claims that they're awful in some way and apologize and are shocked that people say they have to change for the better.

I was looking this article over... sounds like they want to turn it from what used to be a real school to some pass-or-fail sjw experiment like The Evergreen State College, with forced re-education for all non-poc "students"

(and of course, authored by (((conor friedersdorf))) )

lurk

Dramacrat
EDF2 Survivor
really? an ivy league school that puts out some of the top lawyers in the country and they're best defense is "NO U!"....

Corpsefriedchicken

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
really? an ivy league school that puts out some of the top lawyers in the country and they're best defense is "NO U!"....
Not gonna lie, this whole thing sorta feels like some glorious bastard at the Dept of Education decided to fuck with Princeton for their own amusement. I love how passive aggressive the final paragraph is
“The department of Education just doesn’t GET IT!”

Maysam

niggercel
Admin
I was looking this article over... sounds like they want to turn it from what used to be a real school to some pass-or-fail sjw experiment like The Evergreen State College, with forced re-education for all non-poc "students"

(and of course, authored by (((conor friedersdorf))) )
Friedersdorf is not a jewish name in my expert opinion

lazarus+

Ediot
EDF2 Survivor
it's a hard non-starter bad faith argument that lets you talk your way down to something resembling real compromise

they finally figured out that negotiation 101 strat huh

good for them

fleacollerindustry

Tank Police Officer
Wiki Admin
I totally get how this is a fucked up situation, I can't believe how much they fucked up here... but can someone explain this whole situation to my dumb friend? He's a bit slow on the uptake...

lurk

Dramacrat
EDF2 Survivor
I totally get how this is a fucked up situation, I can't believe how much they fucked up here... but can someone explain this whole situation to my dumb friend? He's a bit slow on the uptake...
Princeton: "Princeton has always been racist!"
DoE: "oh really? then you've been breaking civil rights laws or you're full of shit."
Princeton: "nuh uh! the laws are racist too!"

Back
Top Bottom