Reddit Crashes Wall Street

fleacollerindustry

Tank Police Officer
Wiki Admin
Everything is a game. Like all games, they have rules, but they're only useful insofar as people are will to follow them.

Soviet communism "worked" because people were essentially forced to play the game. When people realized they didn't have to anymore, the game ended almost literally overnight.

American capitalism works because enough people willingly choose to play the game, and others are willing to just coast through the game. Kinda like when, in PE class, most of the kids wanted to play kickball, but you didn't, so you just waited your turn in line, struck out, then went back in line.

But all in all, it's all just a game, and the rules are essentially arbitrary. However, the problems in all this stock stuff isn't because of the fact that the stock market is just another game... but instead of the fact that many of the people playing it FORGOT that it was just a game. The old rich farts who complained the most when reddit found loopholes in their game's rules had completely forgotten that it was all just a game with made-up rules.

Now it could be argued that they DID know it was a game and they didn't want that fact revealed to the masses... but I don't buy that. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together can easily understand that everything is just a game with made-up rules, so for the big shots to he upset that that point has been made obvious would be like someone in the WWE being shocked and upset when someone "reveals" that professional wrestling is "not real".

No no, the problem in all this is that the rich farts clearly lost sight of stocks being a game, and they acted out of fear that they might lose their livelihood. They saw it as "real life" and fought for their "right" to protect it, just as anyone else would fight for their rights to free speech or the right against illegal searches and seizures. No one in their right mind would try to fight for their "right" to play Scrabble or Chess.

In the end I'm glad that this happened, because it reminded everyone that it's all just a game, including the rich farts who tried to convince everyone of otherwise.

Quence

Karl Marx left his wife and children in poverty
EDF2 Survivor
American capitalism works because enough people willingly choose to play the game, and others are willing to just coast through the game. Kinda like when, in PE class, most of the kids wanted to play kickball, but you didn't, so you just waited your turn in line, struck out, then went back in line.
Not me. I was GOOD at kickball. Better than even most of the boys.

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
EDF2 Survivor
come on buy ethereum you faggots

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
EDF2 Survivor
Back
Top Bottom