Baka

Ediot
Bureaucrat
bf and I did Korean style lettuce wraps. was good. not pictured: rice and chili sauce
20240822_152109.jpg

minty

runs bartertown
spooky salad sunday!
you get them skull silicone molds n put some mozzarella balls in them n bake at 350 for 6-8 mins to shape the cheese into skull shapes
20240915_181625.jpg

then you make ranch:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon each:
onion powder
garlic powder
dill
dried chives
20240915_182959.jpg

enjoy
20240915_183419.jpg

ZZZandeRRR

Semi-Pro Retard
spooky salad sunday!
you get them skull silicone molds n put some mozzarella balls in them n bake at 350 for 6-8 mins to shape the cheese into skull shapes
View attachment 20322
then you make ranch:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon each:
onion powder
garlic powder
dill
dried chives
View attachment 20323
enjoy
View attachment 20324
semi related: my dad has silicone ice cube molds in the shape of skulls, he uses them for making cocktails and similar beverages

minty

runs bartertown
i acknowledge your bread-abilities while actively acknowledging i simply like lavendar and honey as a flavor combo

also, made a shephard's pie today. ground beef, peas, carrots, onion, garlic, green beans, bit of broth, with mashed potat topping in a pie dish n bake
didn't take a pic of the actual pie or use a photogenic plate bcuz somewhere along the process i stopped caring
20240926_204637.jpg

i'm not sending my best when i log in

Sneed

Rude, horny, can't be bothered
i acknowledge your bread-abilities while actively acknowledging i simply like lavendar and honey as a flavor combo

also, made a shephard's pie today. ground beef, peas, carrots, onion, garlic, green beans, bit of broth, with mashed potat topping in a pie dish n bake
didn't take a pic of the actual pie or use a photogenic plate bcuz somewhere along the process i stopped caring
View attachment 21297
i'm not sending my best when i log in
Before Queefe says it
Shepherd's pies are made with lamb
That is a cottage pie

Barrabas

Newfag
EDF2 Survivor
image_2024-10-01_065206615.png

Been making this sandwich for a month or so now, and have yet to get sick of it, because it is objectively the best sandwich ever made. Just posting now because we're getting to the end of the summer cooking season, where I pretty much only want to use the stovetop to save on cooling bills.

It's basically a chopped steak sandwich, but I'm not using a real "steak" cut, since it's functionally the same thing no matter what cut of beef you use, so long as you remove the fat and gristle first. So this is just whatever top or bottom round London broil or roast is on sale-- again, it doesn't matter at all for the flavor.

EZ enuff, just a bit labor intensive. The whole mass is 25%sweet peppers (bell), 25% onion, and 50% meat. There is also a bunch of hot pepper in there, but I don't really count it for purposes of determining my ratios. This particular one is made with a shitty withered serano I had sitting in the drawer, and a whole ghost pepper. Usually, when I don't forget to check stock, I prefer to use about 3 or 4 seranos and a whole habanero, but you can spice it how you'd like if you're more hardcore than that, or else a crybaby.

You slow sautee the peppers and onions, periodically chopping them up as you go, until they are fully cooked and caramelized, then you put the meat on, which should be shaved. For that process, its best to have a half-frozen chonk of beef, but it works fine if it is fully thawed, you just have to do the knife work. If it is fully frozen, that works too, but it helps to have a big ol butcher cleaver or heavy knife to whack at the block to get chips off. You could also use that shit they pre-slice, but it always has a shitty residual flavor. If you are even more of a faggot, you can use the fatty goyslop known as SteakUms, but that is absolutely haram in this house.

Seasoning is a mix of garlic salt, black pepper/aleppo pepper, celery salt, which is to taste.

Finally, at the end, after its all mostly chopped up together, it gets a mix of swiss, fresh mozz, and a pinch or two of whatever the pre-bagged and largely cheddar based blend "mexican cheese" is. That also has to be chopped in and thoroughly so the entire thing tastes the same with every bite.

The garlic spread on the bread is maybe the easiest part, since its just that preminced garlic you get in a jar, bullshit-parmesan/romano-shakey cheese, and some dried parsley mixed with some kind of margarine spread-- we use Earth Balance, since it is the only one that does not have soy in it, but regular butter or Country Crock is also fine. Mostly don't use butter for expense reasons, and because I make a whole tub of the shit at a time so it will last for months, but also because it does not spread as well when cold, and will melt into its separate parts when warm. If you're just making it for one batch, that shouldn't be a problem though, so by all means go full gourmet.

That amount of lettuce is not just garnish either; the thing tastes much better with it, providing a cold and crunchy contrast to the rest of the hot and squishy sandwich. The water in it helps the flavor stand out even more as well.

Oh, and use whatever bread you want. The bagel is just what we have because I didn't feel like baking a roll myself yesterday. First you light toast it, then you garlic spread, then it goes in the oven, garlic-side-up for a few to bake in the flavor.

Backup Link Because Broken Images Earlier in The Thread Due to Site Being Run By Niggers

Barrabas

Newfag
EDF2 Survivor
you mean something like this?
View attachment 21572
That works, but it is less effective. The longer handle gives you more leverage and the blade being more wedge shaped with more of a bevel or "blade" at the end gives you better chopping power. It is also able to fit more easily in a smaller frying pan. I literally mean a paint scraper, not a bench scraper. The bench-scraper in our house was a gift from the mother-in-law, and I use it sometimes... for the measurement conversions it has printed on it, and really nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom