what was your most recent purchase?

Quence

Karl Marx left his wife and children in poverty
EDF2 Survivor
Such a shame, I could have bought a low budget toxic one to match your fake ones.
So mean!

1-B91-B419-D527-43-DF-A4-F5-6-A18-BB582-FED.gif

SuperChungus

That'll hold 'em awight
The fuck any of you negroes buy?
Today's haul:

Building my own UV rig for DIY circuit board stuff. Fabricator companies are starting to charge too much.
When the rest of the parts and chemicals arrive, this whole thing would cost less for a 10x15cm board than what I'd pay.
flurescent-stuff.png

Originally wanted to go LED, but fluorescent is easier and cheaper for this small scale.

Lovecraft

Dramacrat
The fuck any of you negroes buy?
Today's haul:

Building my own UV rig for DIY circuit board stuff. Fabricator companies are starting to charge too much.
When the rest of the parts and chemicals arrive, this whole thing would cost less for a 10x15cm board than what I'd pay.
View attachment 17704
Originally wanted to go LED, but fluorescent is easier and cheaper for this small scale.
Fluorescents are initially cheaper and easier than LED for small scale, but for repeated long term use the expense rapidly intersects and LED becomes the more economical option just FYI. Generally long lasting UV LEDs output less light so exposure times are longer, but as you usually have more of them the exposure becomes more uniform.
A two axis mill is also a comparatively cheap option that requires less use of chemicals.
What do you use to make the photomask?

SuperChungus

That'll hold 'em awight
Fluorescents are initially cheaper and easier than LED for small scale, but for repeated long term use the expense rapidly intersects and LED becomes the more economical option just FYI. Generally long lasting UV LEDs output less light so exposure times are longer, but as you usually have more of them the exposure becomes more uniform.
A two axis mill is also a comparatively cheap option that requires less use of chemicals.
What do you use to make the photomask?
I agree with part 1, when I do build the 8 larger pcbs for a project I will stick to LED because of the size and consistency. For now, with me tinkering this setup I think is good enough.
For my photomasks, I use acetate transparencies and a lexmark laser. I will be experimenting a bit to improve the contrast though.

Lovecraft

Dramacrat
I agree with part 1, when I do build the 8 larger pcbs for a project I will stick to LED because of the size and consistency. For now, with me tinkering this setup I think is good enough.
For my photomasks, I use acetate transparencies and a lexmark laser. I will be experimenting a bit to improve the contrast though.
Last time I made a circuit board from the ground up I nigged it so hard.
Actually taped shit out with tape, exposed it with some shitty UV disinfecting tube from a junked water cooler, etched it with ferric chloride and citric acid solution. This did discolour the substrate a bit.

sheldonsnooper

Based Necromancer
I originally did purchase, but I end up scamming company and getting money back :merchant:

hypeshot

I love Apple products. Also, I am fat and gay.
1721571475206.png

1721571525838.png

1721571678836.png

These are some things i need from ebay

Lovecraft

Dramacrat
Getting old is shite.
You get really excited over stuff like buying a massive amount of screws, bolts, fasteners and fittings at 90% off.
Got some very nice high quality irwin wood augers as well. Now I just have to decide on a project where they are useful.
At least this is technology hundreds of years old so there's no real expiry date on my sweet new consumables stash.

hypeshot

1721920290176.png

I definitely need this

hypeshot

Got a new ipad
i got a new samsung. A more civilized brand of tech.

Screenshot_20240731_192600_Gallery.jpg

@Quence

Back
Top Bottom